Deathmatch is published by Boom! Studios. Price per issue is $3.99.
- Deathmatch #11: 13 Nov 2013
- Deathmatch #12: 11 Dec 2013
Deathmatch #12 Edit
This is the current issue, and therefore no story information will be posted about this issue. Please check your local comic shop for copies of this issue.
Deathmatch #11 Edit
- Deathmatch, vol. 1 - Collects #1-4. "A powerful and mysterious supervillain has imprisoned the world’s greatest superheroes, forcing them to fight to the death until there is but one victor. It’s kill or be killed as we settle the score on all those hypothetical superhero match-ups in the ultimate Deathmatch." - WorldCat - ISBN 1608863123
Deathmatch starts in media res, introducing us gradually to a few dozen superpowered characters that have all been brought to the same environment without remembering how that happened. Somehow their powers are nullified except during the well-spaced occasions when their mysterious captors choose two of them and force them into fighting to the death.
Soon enough it becomes clear that the intent is to have the 32 of them (31 known characters and one that is kept hidden) fight in matches until a single one survives. Motivations and even power levels are irrelevant when a match is started; for some reason the captors will make the fighters completely determined to fight to the death regardless of previous history or personalities.
Leftover Useful InformationEdit
Writer: Paul Jenkins. Artists: Carlos Magno. Covers: Whilce Portacio.
First published in 2012.
Future Publication DatesEdit
Dates subject to change at the whims of the publisher or distributor. Please see the Diamond Shipping Lists for current information.
News & FeaturesEdit
- 17 Oct 2012 - Paul Jenkins Creates a New, Violent World in Deathmatch
- Boom! Studios - Publisher's Website