Animal Man is published by DC Comics. Current price per issue is $2.99.
- Animal Man #28: 19 Feb 2014
- Animal Man #29: 19 Mar 2014
Published monthly. Final issue is #29.
- Animal Man/Buddy Baker
- Maxine Baker
Animal Man #29 Edit
This is the current issue, and therefore no story information will be posted about this issue. Please check your local comic shop for copies of this issue.
Animal Man #28 Edit
- Animal Man, book 1 - Collects vol. 1 #1-9. "Buddy Baker is more than just a second-rate super-hero. He's also a devoted husband, a loving father of two and a fierce animal activist. But just as he's attempting to jump-start his super-hero career again, his life takes some unexpected and bizarre turns." - WorldCat - ISBN 1563890054 - comiXology - Kindle
- Animal Man, book 2: Origin of the Species - Collects vol. 1 #10-17, plus a story from Secret Origins #39. "Animal Man moves more and more deeply into the cause of animal rights, but something else is going on beyond his burgeoning radicalism. Strange visions of aliens, people disappearing into strange pencil-like drawings, and hints of a terrible Crisis lurk around the edges of reality. And Animal Man begins to sense something moving towards him… something invisible… something worse than evil." - WorldCat - ISBN 156389890X - comiXology - Kindle
- Animal Man, book 3: Deus ex Machina - Collects vol. 1 #18-26. "Buddy Baker (a.k.a. Animal Man) [goes on] an incredible odyssey of discovery, traveling from spiritual enlightenment to the blackest depths of grief and culminating in a meeting with the Creator himself." - WorldCat - ISBN 156389968X - comiXology - Kindle
- Animal Man, book 4: Born to Be Wild - Collects vol. 1 #27-37. "In these tales, Animal Man becomes trapped in a prehistoric jungle in his bathroom, saves his daughter from the villainous Notational Man, and explores the mystery of the dead birds that seem to be everywhere." - WorldCat - ISBN 1401238017 - Kindle
- Animal Man, book 5: The Meaning of Flesh - Collects vol. 1 #38-50. "Buddy Baker is desperate to reconnect with his family, but after he begins to explore the effects of his power to replicate the abilities of animals, will this former Super Hero ever be able to live a normal life?" - WorldCat - ISBN 1401242847 - Kindle
- Animal Man, book 6: Flesh and Blood - Collects vol. 1 #51-63. "After being killed in a car crash, Animal Man struggles to return to life by climbing the evolutionary ladder one step at a time. But can he reincarnate himself as a creature with any power in time to help his kidnapped son?" - WorldCat - ISBN 1401246796
- Animal Man, book 7: Red Plague - Collects vol. 1 #64-79. "Tragedy strikes Animal Man’s daughter Maxine – but is it the result of a government conspiracy? Animal Man attacks Washington, D.C., with an army of rats and birds. Then, Animal Man forms a new religion and leads a group of followers intent on securing humanity’s place in the mystic realm known as the Red." - WorldCat - ISBN 1401251234
- The Last Days of Animal Man - Collects the six-issue mini-series. "Is Buddy Baker (a.k.a. Animal Man) losing it all? The everyman hero has fought hard for our world, and for his family. But by the year 2024, the Earth has seen better days: The heroes are growing tired, the villains have grown nastier and Buddy's own hometown of San Diego has struggled for years to recover from a cataclysmic typhoon. His children have grown and his marriage has gotten colder... and now, as San Diego faces the most vicious Super-Villain it's seen in years, Animal Man's powers are starting to fail him! Without his abilities, without his family - who is Buddy Baker? Can he still be a husband? Can he still be a father? Can he still be Animal Man? And more importantly, can he even survive the bloodthirsty plan his arch-rival's progeny has in store for him?" - WorldCat - ISBN 140122640X
- Animal Man, vol. 1: The Hunt - Collects vol. 2 #1-6. "Buddy Baker has gone from 'super' man to family man – but is he strong enough to hold his family together when Maxine, his young daughter, starts to manifest her own dangerous powers? As these new abilities continue to terrify Buddy and his wife Ellen, things take a turn for the worse as Buddy and Maxine begin a journey into the heart of The Red." - WorldCat - ISBN 1401235077 - comiXology - Kindle
- Animal Man, vol. 2: Animal vs. Man - Collects vol. 2 #7-11, 0 & Annual #1. "When Buddy goes missing, his family receives assistance from John Constantine and the Justice League Dark." - WorldCat - ISBN 1401238009 - comiXology - Kindle
- Animal Man, vol. 3: Rotworld—The Red Kingdom - Collects vol. 2 #12-17, plus Swamp Thing vol. 5 #12 & 17-18. "The world has fallen to the Rot! Animal Man forms an uneasy alliance with Swamp Thing as the world falls deep into decay. The two heroes travel the decimated planet, scrounging up misfit crimefighters, whose appearances and histories have been changed by this new hell-scape. Will Animal Man and Swamp Thing be able to stop the forces of the Rot and change the world back to what it was?" - WorldCat - ISBN 1401242626 - comiXology - Kindle
- Animal Man, vol. 4: Splinter Species - Collects vol. 2 #20-23 & Annual #2. "Following the loss of his son, Buddy has become estranged from his wife and daughter, making him feel completely alone in the world. To compound his problems, Buddy cannot even mourn in peace without the constant media intrusions that his newfound fame as an actor have brought about. Even in with his life seemingly in ruins, Buddy must rise to the challenge when a new and horrifying species appears called The Splinterfolk." - WorldCat - ISBN 1401246443 - Kindle
- Animal Man, vol. 5: Evolve or Die - Collects vol. 2 #24-29. "Brother Blood has come to claim the mantle of avatar from Animal Man’s daughter Maxine, murdering and plundering his way to power. Now Buddy Baker must defeat this evil...no matter what the cost." - WorldCat - ISBN 1401249949
- Animal Man by Grant Morrison, Book One - Collects vol. 1 #1-13, plus a story from Secret Origins #39. - WorldCat - ISBN 9781401299088
- Animal Man by Grant Morrison, Book One - Collects vol. 1 #1-13, plus a story from Secret Origins #39. - SEP180532 - WorldCat - ISBN 9781401285470
- Animal Man by Jeff Lemire Omnibus - Collects vol. 2 #0-29 & Annual #1-2, plus Swamp Thing vol. 5 #12 & 17. - WorldCat - ISBN 9781401289416
Leftover Useful InformationEdit
Writer: Jeff Lemire. Artists/Covers: Travel Foreman & Dan Green.
- volume 1: #1-89, 1988-1995 (Vertigo starting with #57)
- The Last Days of Animal Man: #1-6, 2009 (mini-series)
- volume 2: #1-29, 2011-2014
Future Publication DatesEdit
Dates subject to change at the whims of the publisher or distributor. Please see the Diamond Shipping Lists for current information.
News & FeaturesEdit
- 16 Aug 2012 - Snyder & Lemire on "Rotworld," the Future of the DCU?
- 07 Mar 2012 - DC New 52's Animal Man Second Arc Pits Animal vs. Man
- 05 Mar 2012 - Lemire Takes a Road Trip in Animal Man
- 03 Nov 2011 - Spoiler Sport: Lemire's Animal Man #3 Gives Hero New Origin
- 25 Oct 2011 - Jeff Lemire Talks Animal Man @ NYCC 2011 (video)
- 18 Oct 2011 - Scott Snyder Talks Swamp Thing & Animal Man Crossover
- 17 Oct 2011 - Comic scribe Jeff Lemire takes us to the freaktacular worlds of Frankenstein and Animal Man
- 04 Oct 2011 - Jeff Lemire Interview
- 09 Sep 2011 - Lemire Cuts to the Heart of Animal Man
- 23 Jun 2011 - Reader’s Guide to the New DC Universe: Animal Man
- DC Comics - Publisher's Website